LAC DE BALCÈRE
This high altitude lake lies in a picturesque setting of pine forests at 1770 metres in altitude. It is accessible by car and there is also a shuttle service.
There are facilities on site to picnic with your family, as well as a refreshment chalet, a chalet for those going fishing, and a climbing rock for beginners and expert climbers.
The angling spots are excellent and you can catch some very fine rainbow trout, salmon trout, and brook trout.
LAC DE MATEMALE
Lac de Matemale lies near Les Angles at 1600 metres altitude in the Capcir, the highest cultivated plateau in Europe.
It is the ideal spot for wonderfully relaxing moments amidst the unspoiled natural environment, and you get there via the Forêt de la Matte.
So whether you are visiting with family or friends the Lac de Matemale is the ideal leisure area.
- Picnic and barbecue facilities.
- Pretty walks or horse rides along the trails or else a peaceful day's fishing.
- MTB outings along the waymarked trails.
- Beach and boating activities. You can learn how to windsurf or sail here in a dinghy, catamaran, pedalo, kayak, or canoe, and there is supervised bathing.
- There is a leisure area where adults and children alike can enjoy numerous activities, including treetop courses, horse riding, archery, outings with a pack of sledge dogs, trampolines, a swimming pool, inflatables, and a mini-golf course and practice range.
With all of these activities it is the ideal place to go walking, for watersports and leisure activities, or else simply to relax.
This lake lies at 2136 metres in altitude within the perimeter of Les Angles, at the foot of the Roc d'Aude. It is here that the River Aude rises.
It lies on the Carlit massif and you can get there from the resort or else from the Lac des Bouillouses road.
It is a bucolic spot and in the summer there are vast meadows of green grass that are ideal for going walking with your family.
Anglers can try to catch the fine trout that live there.
LACS DES CAMPORELLS
The Camporells massif and lakes are outstanding sites with countless breathtaking views of the landscape. And it only takes two hours' walk to get there.
On arriving you will discover an outstanding setting of high altitude lakes with their crystal-clear water and the grandeur of the Pics Péric, which is bound to delight all those who enjoy walking and grandiose landscapes.
Whether you are a hardened mountaineer or an occasional amateur be sure not to miss out on the walk to Les Camporells whilst you are here on holiday. The mountains are beautiful when you go walking there and know how to take the time to see them properly.
The listed massif and lakes at Les Camporells are a must amongst the numerous well-known mountain sites in the department.
LISTED SITE OF LES CAMPORELLS
MANNED MOUNTAIN REFUGE (2240 m)
Tel : +33 (0)22.214.171.124.22
LAC DES BOUILLOUSES
Lac des Bouillouses and its surroundings have been a listed nature site since 1976.
There are lots of places to go walking around Les Bouillouses, which is a paradise for walkers to explore with its colourful palette and varied itineraries accessible to all those looking to discover the preserved plants and wildlife.
Lac des Bouillouses lies at 2000 metres in altitude at the foot of the Carlit, providing anglers with an outstanding setting for their pursuit.
Lac des Bouillouses also acts as an entry point for the Lac du Carlit, Lac du Péric, Lac de la Calme, and Lac de la Grave.
LISTED SITE OF LES BOUILLOUSES
L’AUBERGE DU CARLIT (2005 m)
Tel : +33 (0)4.68.04.22.23.
LE CHALET REFUGE DU CLUB ALPIN FRANÇAIS (2005 M)
Tel : +33 (0)4.68.04.93.88.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Check the weather forecast on +33 (0)8.99.71.02.66
- Set off well equipped with walking boots, warm waterproof clothing, cap, first-aid kit, map, and compass.
- Take water with you and something to eat.
- Tell other people where you are going and the itinerary you are planning on following.
- Fire Brigade: 18
- EU emergency number: 112